For better or for worst, in sickness or in health, in good times and bad times … We are familiar with this sentence, at least if you are married or attended a wedding, saw one on TV, and do not live under a rock. Love needs to be shared under all those conditions. The divorce statistics may point to the contrary.
I don’t consider myself an eavesdropper, but I am amused by the conversations I get to listen to when I am waiting online, at a Dr.’s office, post office … Many times, you hear “the bashing of the love one,” – good title for a song. Men or women, they all do it, they express their dissatisfaction with the love in their lives. True or not, it is a matter of perspective for many – discounting abuse cases, of course.
The point is, we are sometimes quick to judge our loved ones. Quick to request perfection, when what we are looking for is a companion who will take us seriously in good times and in bad times. The following questions offer much insight.
- Does he/she listens when you talk (when you truly talk)?
- Does he/she cares, even when it doesn’t show?
- Does he/she want to be with you forever?
- Do you see the good in him/her? Is is more than the flaws?
- Did you once felt that the two of you could tackle everything, the world?
- Do you feel tired?
- Do you need to step back and look at the whole picture?
- Do you believe?
- Do you need to ask/answer these questions?
Sometimes, the answers can be found in the questions.